March Retreat Update

[Summary: how things are progressing regarding the March Retreat, 2008]

The resort we had been offered to use for our retreat has been slow in responding – I mailed a proposal on Feb 25, but they only called today. Apparently they will be busy over that period and want a definite booking. They have not given us a price yet, but that should come on Thurday or Friday this week. It does not give us much time since some people have to book time off work, and we can’t say for sure what kind of deal we’ll be given. Certainly we’ll be discounted, and have meeting rooms we can use for free, but we’ll have to see if it is economical.

There are a couple of other options for places we can use – none so perfect as the Resort, but good nonetheless. We will look into them and if any of them work out the notice will go up this weekend. It will be nice to arrange something, anything, for that weekend as it is our last chance in the near future to meditate with Venerable U Vamsa. One way or another we will know in the next few days if we can still squeeze the organisation into the remaining time frame.

Advertisements

About Cittasamvaro

Auto blogography of an urban monk
This entry was posted in All Posts, Upcoming events. Bookmark the permalink.

2 Responses to March Retreat Update

  1. Cittasamvaro says:

    Price for the retreat, inclusive of meals, works out around 2400 baht per person – we are still deciding if we want to push ahead with the plan

  2. Cittasamvaro says:

    The idea for a retreat in March has been shelved. We might look at another venue in the future that is closer to Bangkok and lower cost for a weekend, but no dates are in mind right now. Instead we will hold a new bout of Dhamma talks starting in May.

Comments are closed.