Thai Monk Ajahn Wimoak will be leading his monthly one-day workshop in meditation based on the mindfulness of the body (Kayakatasati) on Sukhumvit Soi 1 at the Beautiful Boutique hotel Ariyasom Villa, in English.
The program, including lunch, is kindly provided free of charge by Ariyasom Bangkok Boutique Hotel.
Ajahn Wimoak is a Thai monk, currently finishing a PhD in Buddhsim in English. He is also an accomplished meditator and has very good English. He is able to put dhamma into accessible words based on direct experience, which is in contrast to the formulaic approach of most Thai monks.
Note: the schedule is rarely adhered to, except for check in and lunch which is at the correct time.
- 8:30 – 9 am Registration
- 9 – 10 Talk on Kayakatasati (mindfulness of body)
- 10-11:15 refreshments and meditation
- 11:30 Lunch
- Afternoon session will (usually) include short Dhamma talk, sitting and walking meditation, and one-to-one interviews.
- Finish between 4 and 5 pm
- This is Thailand, so expect the schedule to be somewhat, ahem…. , fluid.
65 Sukhumvit Soi 1, Sukhumvit Road,
Klongtoey Nua, Wattana,
Tel. 02 254 8880
Directions couldn’t be easier. Go down Sukhumvit Soi 1 straight to the very end, and you will see Ariyasom Villa on the left.
For Skytrain users, take the Ploen Chit Station.
Map to Ariyasom
Click for larger view-